Obama Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Chicago 2019/2020 seeks to support dynamic, collaborative, rising leaders from around the world in an innovative one-year academic experience. The Obama Foundation and the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy share a goal of ensuring that talented young people from around the world can build the skills they need to advance their work as active citizens and to make a real impact in their communities.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program offers an extraordinary scholarship that covers tuition and expenses and provides a living stipend, funding for books and course materials, medical insurance, housing, and opportunities to experience unique out-of-the-classroom programming. Any travel costs for these experiences will also be fully covered.
The program will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders who are committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, creating a global network that reaches across issues and borders. After completing the program, Obama Foundation Scholars will return to their communities and continue the important work they started in the program by implementing their own personalized action plan. They will also have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, train, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
Obama Foundation is seeking emerging leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Significant work experience (typically 3-5 years or more) and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact.
- Demonstrated record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
- Possess a clear focus on a global challenge or policy issue.
- A clear commitment to return to and reinvest your new skills in your community after the program concludes.
If that sounds like you, then you have the opportunity to participate in the Obama Foundation Scholars Program. You’ll earn a Master of Arts in International Development and Policy (MA-IDP) at Harris Public Policy and receive a full scholarship that includes access to exceptional programming outside of the classroom.
There will be two application deadlines for the Fall 2019 admissions cycle – a Priority Deadline and a Secondary Deadline.
Applicants who apply by the Priority Deadline will receive priority for review and have a better opportunity to be considered for other Harris degree programs should they not meet the acceptance criteria for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program.
Specific deadlines are still being finalized. If you submit a Request for Information, you will receive notification of the final deadlines.
- Priority Deadline for applications – November 1, 2018
- Secondary Deadline for applications – January 1, 2019
- Notifications of admission and scholarship decisions to be released – March 2019
- Deadline for candidates to accept their admission – Spring 2019
- Arrive in Chicago for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program Orientation – August 2019
- Obama Foundation Leadership Week (for scholarship recipients) – Late Summer 2019
- Harris Orientation and Welcome Week – September 2019
- Classes begin Tuesday, October 1, 2019
For more details visit the Application linkADS: Get the latest info on study abroad and scholarships "