KPMG Professional Services Job Vacancy 2018 – Are you looking for a Job in Nigeria? if yes, this is an opportunity for you. Apply Now for the position of a Chief Operating Officer or JV Accountant at KPMG Professional Services. See more details below;
KPMG Professional Services is the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organizations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world – finding solutions and adding value.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (Upstream)
- The Chief Operating Officer coordinates and directs the overall operations of the asset. He/she will be responsible for the operating expenditure on the project and the maximization of the asset value. The individual will be responsible for strategy formulation and implementation of the JV’s long and short-term goals.
- He/she will build necessary relationships with regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to achieve success.
- Establish required strategic objectives and operational plans for the JV to implement its 5 Year Business Plan as well as communicate such plans to key stakeholders
- Review and evaluate the threats and risks to the successful implementation of the plan and prepare required strategies to mitigate and manage such risks
- Understand all stakeholder expectations and formulate plans to address those expectations
- Work with department Heads in developing and managing relationships with third parties as with community leaders
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders such as DPR, NAPIMS, and Environmental Agencies
Corporate Image Manager:
- Plan and develop industrial, labor, and public relations policies designed to improve the JV’s image and relations with employees, investors, industrial unions, host communities and the general public·
- Network with key industry players and relevant government functionaries create a positive identification for the JV.
- First degree in Petroleum Engineering, Geology or any other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 10 -18 years relevant experience;
- Technical experience garnered while working for reputable indigenous E & P companies;
- Experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Asset custody transfer management;
- Reservoir engineering;
- Well engineering;
- Health, safety and environment, etc.
Job Title: JV Accountant (Upstream)
- The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking on a senior role in financial decision-making that affects the JV and will provide strategic financial input to senior management.
- While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful JV Accountant will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the JV.
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the COO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
- Execute the financial strategy of the JV
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the JV
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Source funding for specific JV needs
- 5+ years’ experience in a project accounting position with a producing player in the Nigeria upstream sector
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS office suite and ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional accounting designation (ACA, ACCA)