Action Against Hunger Graduate Recruitment 2018 – Are you looking for a Job in Nigeria? if yes, this is an opportunity for you. Apply for the position of a Procurement Assistant at the Action Against Hunger Graduate office. Application deadline is on 29th October, 2018. See more details;
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Starting date: as soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Procurement Officer
Objective 1 – Provide Administrative Support to Procurement Officer:
- Obtain quotations for both direct and negotiated procedures within a week of assignment.
- Negotiate with suppliers for competitive pricings.
- Support Procurement officer in negotiated procedure and framework agreements processes.
- Support Procurement officer in cash forecasting reports twice monthly.
Objective 2 – Establish electronic archives for all Purchase Dossiers and other logistics documents:
- Create electronic archives;
- Organise all electronic copies of DNs into one server location (kitlog path);
Objective 3 – Functional system of dispatch and receipt acknowledgement for purchases:
- Create Delivery Notes/waybills;
- Track deliveries and receipt acknowledgements;
- Consolidate any quality/quantity received feedback as appears on returned DNs and report to procurement officer;
Objective 4 – Vehicle Management:
- Track vehicles used on behalf of the organization, for goods dispatch and passenger movement from Maiduguri and consolidate reports for payment at month end.
Objective 5 – Additional Responsibilities:
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- The Procurement Assistant should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities.
- The Procurement Assistant is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter.
Internal & External Relationship.
- Directly reporting to Procurement officer;
- Liaise with all staff for individual requests;
- Logistics team: exchange of information and collaboration;
- Degree in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or any other equivalent course.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in office administration and procurement.
Skills & Experience.
- Some experience in Logistics and stock control;
- Good capacity to work in a team;
- Knowledge of English;
- Good Computer Skill, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger principles, values and charter.
- Experience in working for NGO;
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- We will only consider application from female candidates.